Classroom volunteers are guests in our adopted schools, and interact with students and faculty. For the protection of all, it is expected that COVID and flu vaccines be up-to-date. Individuals with medical restrictions preventing vaccination should consult with Adopt-a-Class administrators.
- Wear your Adopt-a-Class name badge.
- Bring your driver's license to check-in on your first shift. You will be issued a school name tag to wear. You only need to give your name after your first visit.
- Wear casual, respectful and comfortable attire and shoes.
- Exchange contact information with your matched teacher.
- Communicate schedule changes with your teacher.
- Follow teacher’s instructions explicitly without alternative suggestions.
- Give children smiles, praises, and positive reinforcement.
- Inform teacher if a child is disrespectful or behaves inappropriately.
- Inform teacher if a child mentions a problem at home, e.g. abuse, drugs.
- Comply with all school protocols, including fire drills or practice lock-downs.
- Share positive observations about our schools, teachers, students, and Adopt-a-Class programs!
Inform your teacher and Karen Hamerslag at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to take an extended leave of absence or resign, or if you need assistance with conflict resolution.